Chicken with artichokes and olives. Imbued with the classic Mediterranean flavors of artichokes, garlic, mint and olives, this braised chicken is complex and highly satisfying, with a white wine sauce brightened with lemon. Serve this saucy artichoke-and-olive studded stew over barley. Chicken, artichokes and olives in a tangy lemony broth…this is dinner, an amazing dinner.
For this easy chicken recipe, add Mediterranean flavor by topping the chicken with a mixure of artichokes, olives and Dijon mustard. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pressure-Cooker Chicken with Olives & Artichokes. You make ready roasting brown Chicken with artichokes and olives testing 10 procedure than 8 moreover. Here is how you put it over.
method of Chicken with artichokes and olives
- Prepare 400 g (1 can) of artichokes, drained and diced.
- It's 140 g of pitted kalimata olives (rinsed once and cut into halves).
- You need 450 g of chicken breast fillet (no skin).
- Prepare 1 1/5 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It's 1/4 of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of white wine (optional).
- Prepare of Olive oil (I used the bland one, not virgin).
My grandmother came from the region around Seville, Spain, where olives and red wine are produced. Those ingredients get starring roles in her scrumptious chicken. —Suzette Zara, Scottsdale, Arizona. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Chicken with artichokes and olives instructions
- Cut chicken into some medium piece. Don't cut it too small (aim for size of chicken tenders).
- Mixed flour with salt and 1/4 paprika powder and mixed well..
- Coat chicken lightly with the flour mixture and set aside. It doesn't have to be perfect..
- Heat the olive oil on skillet and brown the chicken pieces..
- Add in chicken stock, artichokes, kalimata olives, ground ginger and the remaining of paprika powder, cook until all ingredients cooked through in low-medium heat for 5-10 mins..
- Taste the food, and adjust to your liking. The kalimata olives and the chicken stock already add enough salt to the dish, you may not need to add more salt (I didn't put salt on mine)..
- Add in the white wine, let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes and let the alcohol evaporated. You can skip this step if you are looking for halal food..
- You can thicken the stock if needed by adding the remaining flour with 1.5 tbsp of water. Let it simmer until stock is thicken. Your food is now ready to serve!.
Combine wine, broth, cornstarch, and mustard. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Canned beans combine with chicken breast cubes, garlic, and artichokes in this quick and delicious version of cassoulet. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and keep warm. If sauce to be too thin, boil down a bit on high heat.